Neill Elementary Penny Wars!
January 22-26, 2018
Put your spare change toward a great cause. Proceeds from our penny war fundraiser will go to paying for next year’s field trips and helping with this year’s 5th grade end of year celebration.
Pennies are “negative.” Here’s how it works:
- Containers for each grade are located outside the Library
- Each silver coin is worth the point total of that coin—for example, a quarter is 25 points. You put these into YOUR grade’s jar.
- Pennies and paper bills ($1’s $5’s and $20’s) count as negative points for OTHER grades. In other words, dropping 40 pennies into another grade’s container takes 40 points from their total—so save up those pennies! You put pennies and bills in OTHER grades jars.
- Points will be counted at the end of each day and the the standings will be announced each morning.
- At the end of the day on January 26, all change/points will be tallied and the grade with the most points will win a pizza party
Start saving your change—it can make a big difference!
Adding (+) – put in your grade’s jar:
- 1 Nickel = 5 points
- 1 Dime = 10 points
- 1 Quarter = 25 points
Subtracting (-) – put in OTHER grades’ jars:
- 1 Penny = minus 1 point
- 1 Dollar = minus 100 points (you can put in other denominations)